To create an internationally competitive Defence Production sector that collateralizes local Defence Industries with the Defence needs of the Armed Forces through Public Private Partnerships based on self reliance to satisfy sectoral needs, generate revenue and achieve regional and international pre-eminence as a market leader.
FUNCTIONS OF MODP
Functions of Defence Production Division as laid down in Rules of Business, 1973 are as under:
- Laying down policies or guidelines on all matters relating to defence production.
- Procurement of arms, firearms, weapons, ammunition, equipment, stores and explosives for the defence forces.
- Declaration of industries necessary for the purpose of defence or for the prosecution of war.
- Research and development of defence equipment and stores.
- Co-ordination of defence science research with civil scientific research organizations.
- Indigenous production and manufacture of defence equipment and stores.
- Negotiations of agreements or MOUs for foreign assistance or collaboration and loans for purchase of military stores and technical know-how or transfer of technology.
- Export of defence products.
- Marketing and promotion of export of defence products.
- Co-ordinate production activities of all defence production organizations or establishments.